vivace

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MY CHENNAI TRIP

On 23rd of august, I bunked my afternoon sessions, to get my clothes packed for My chennai trip. I was so excited with my trip as it was the first time I am with my cousin .
It was a rainy day in madurai ,as I struggled to board the train, with a pleasant feeling of bunking my college the next day. I reached chennai and headed to periappa’s house in kodambakkam, place where people throng production house in hope of getting a break.
In evening, I went to shop down the lanes of t.nagar. Even the showrooms, which made Hypnotizing commercials failed to impress me. Streets of pondy bazaar were filled petty Shops, on the either side of the road in which cute girls were bargaining for cheap discounts. Concluding my shopping, I headed back to cousin’s home and a sound sleep.
Next day we planned to make a trip to mayajal.first, I was a bit nervous to ride in chennai.as time passed by, I felt comfortable. As I was traveling along ECR (east coast road), a dozens of bikes rushed past us mostly with girls masking their identity, which Confirmed the flesh trade going on. Being enervated, I made my entry into mayajal. I stepped into a movie ‘STEALTH’ which was a dud.eventhough I didn’t enjoy the movie, I was fascinated with way the cinemas in chennai were furnished and maintained.
As it was dusk, I made my exit. I had idea of moving to isphania center, a shopping mall. As I neared the center, I glanced through couple of TV artist craving the attention of the pedestrians. Feeling hungry I had a chicken burger in marry brown within the premises.
The next day, I woke up early to get ready to my periappa’s home in periyar nagar in the Suburbs of chennai.there I celebrated Krishna jayanthi with my cousins and their offsprings.finishing my lunch there I headed back to kodambakkam and had a excellent party that night.infact, we did turn up late to home.

My final day in chennai and a special day for my cousin, who was craving for his engagement to roll on. He was interested in speaking to his wouldbe (His future wife) seldom bothering my presence. I got dressed up with a jean & shirt for the Occasion .my cousin was busy looking his face in the mirror, with his well-dressed expensive shirt. I was well dressed up so good as it was not a traditional marriage practice Involving our caste.
As the video camera filmed out the happenings of the occasion, I too Took some photographs, which I was supposed to do. We had lunch with dishes predominantly in the flavors of northies.i rushed to egmore to board the train; I arrived just 5 min before the train departed. I left chennai hoping, I would be posted in chennai, After my training ends.

From my perspective, chennai is heaven for those who spend and earn more, for rest of them it’s going to be tough to meet both their ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web stats